This policy specifies the principles and requirements the Synergy IT Solutions has established to protect information assets owned by or in the care of the University.
This policy applies to all department, staff, client, and any parties who interact with, access, or store information assets or information assets in the Synergy IT Solutions’ care.
The Synergy IT Solutions will work toward achieving these goals:
1. The Synergy IT Solutions is committed to protecting information assets.
2. The Synergy IT Solutions shall act as a responsible conservator of information assets entrusted to its care.
3. The Synergy IT Solutions shall comply with laws & regulation, contractual obligations, and system policies related to information security.
4. Synergy IT Solutions business processes shall be consistent with the above principles, and, unless contrary to law, policies or , shall follow the Information Security Management Standards and procedures for implementation of those standards.
5. All leadership, department, staff, and users, and relevant affiliates are required to actively support the above principles and are expected to take reasonable measures to protect information assets in their care.
Information Security Committee (ISC) will enforce this Policy, and establish standards, procedures, and protocols in support of the policy.
Violations of law may also be referred for criminal or civil prosecution. Additionally, violations of this policy may result in termination or suspension of access, in whole or in part, to Synergy IT Solutions information systems at the discretion of ISC, where such action is reasonable to protect the Synergy IT Solutions or the Synergy IT Solutions information infrastructure.